Latex foam isn't a cure-all, but it can assist in managing a range of sleep problems more effectively. The unique mix of softness and resilient support can cradle injured limbs, nurture stiff muscles, and minimize painful pressure points so that you sleep more soundly and have more energy to face the day.
Can latex help you or someone you love? Check out the links above to find out.
A prescription for a latex mattress won't cure all your medical ills. Still, the contouring support of latex can give you the rest you need to collect your energy reserves, so you can focus on healing or managing your pain. Here are a few common medical concerns in which latex bedding can make a difference.
Latex May Help With
- Low back pain can be caused by a range of problems with bones, musculature, and nerves that run from the spine throughout the lower extremities. Latex can't fix these problems, but it can help your spine stay in proper alignment all night long, minimizing pain and giving sore muscles time to heal.
- Spinal injuries can be life changing. In the early stages of recovery, you may be spending more time in bed. The resilient support and softness of latex can cradle your spine and the limbs you may not be able to feel. Such gentle support improves the chance of healing in the spine while encouraging circulation in the limbs, minimizing bedsores, and maximizing your comfort level.
- Degenerative disc disease, or the degeneration of the intervertebral discs in the spine, can leave once-active individuals in debilitating pain. Degeneration of the discs is generally caused by misalignment and the resulting pressure. This misplaced pressure can push on the discs, causing damage over time. A latex mattress can help align your spine as you sleep, minimizing your pain and giving your body a chance to heal.
- The chronic pain of fibromyalgia can move and spread in unexpected ways through the body, changing throughout the night. A latex mattress with a soft Talalay top and a firmer Dunlop core can help you get the support you need to align your body, along with cushiony softness that minimizes pain along the surface of your skin or in painful pressure points. Get the sleep that can be so elusive to FMS suffers, and have more energy to face each day.
- The soreness and pain of arthritis is bone-deep, but the soft support of latex can help those sore joints relax at night. Latex cradles and aligns your spine, taking extra pressure off the joints and getting the quality sleep you need to keep your body at its best, night after night.
For more information, check out each of the links above for a deeper perspective of the pains of each condition and the ways that latex can help.
Suffer from latex allergies? Read our Latex Allergies post to see whether a latex mattress is right with you.