A botanical latex mattress isn’t just comfortable—it can be an investment in your health. Here are five ways all natural latex can help you be your best and healthiest self. A latex mattress can:
- Combat allergies. The natural chemical makeup of latex foam deters the buildup of dust mites, molds, and a wide range of allergens in your mattress. Latex foam mattresses are even safe for most people who are allergic to the medical-grade latex found in gloves, catheter parts, and other health-related equipment.
- Improve spinal alignment. Latex foam conforms seamlessly to the body, compressing under hips and shoulders while supporting waist and legs. This uniquely buoyant and adaptable support system can help you keep your spine in proper alignment throughout each night, minimizing the stress on bones, nerves, and muscles related to poor posture during sleep.
- Relieve pressure. The same mixture of softness and support that improves spinal alignment at night also improves the relief of pressure in “pressure points” like hips and shoulders where most of the body’s weight compresses skin and tissue against the mattress. This pressure relief can make a difference if you’re experiencing pain in the extremities that may be caused by compressed nerves, or soreness in hips, back, or shoulders when lying down.
- Make the most of your sleep. When you’re more comfortable, you sleep better. The mix of improved alignment, pressure relief, and an absence of allergens can help you sleep better than you ever have before, leaving you refreshed and ready for your day.
- Improve your overall health. Better sleep has been linked through scientific research to better health. When you sleep well, you lower your risk of medical problems like hypertension and diabetes—even some forms of cancer. Chronic sleep deprivation, on the other hand, increases these physical symptoms.
Get your best sleep on a latex mattress and improve your health. Every body is different, and latex might not be the right choice for every person. Know your own needs before you buy and find a company that will let you experiment until you get the mix of softness and support that’s best for you.
Do you have problems with pain, daytime sleepiness, or major health problems brought on by poor sleep? Have you tried sleeping on latex?health, Latex mattresses, Mattresses, sleep habits